Wednesday, February 25, 2009

37 Weeks, 5 Days

I'm so nervous about tomorrow! I'm supposed to hear back from Dr.Devine (or at least one of her nurses) to finally tell me what the plan for next week is! I've been excited and anxious and nervous all day. All over a silly phone call!

But, as I told Travis earlier today, it seems like every time I've gotten nervous/excited regarding a c-section plan, it seems to fall through... Over and over again. But I'll remain positive and hope that they were able to come up with something.

Talking to my friend Mary yesterday, I said, "I don't know what they're going to do to get me in next week," and she said, "They're gonna bump someone else, that's what! No one deserves to deliver their baby more than you. Someone's just gonna have to wait!" Lol I wish it was that easy.

But I tend to agree with her. It made me wonder if one of those women who was getting a c-section next week was just having a scheduled c-section because it was convenient, or because she didn't want to deliver at another date or something. I know people who have selective deliveries for convenience sake. While delivering him next week certainly would be convenient for me and my health, it's extremely vital that we get him out before we risk him going into distress. I can't let myself sit here and get jealous of random women I don't even know. That's beyond ridiculous. But waiting blindly has a tendency to make me a bit ridiculous.

Here is a picture of me from the 17th (when we thought we were going to have a baby) having an NST after my second amniocentesis:

Anyway, I'll update you tomorrow on what the plan is... if there is a plan.

God bless,
Kathleen

No comments: