Sunday, April 19, 2009

Bunnies, Boogers and Bubblebaths


Such a worried little Easter bunny. Poor little bug was sick on Easter, and still sounds absolutely horrible. He's just really congested. I don't want to take him to the doctor just yet though. He has yet to run any kind of fever, and it definitely sounds looser every day. He's still eating and smiling and acting fine. If I think it warrants a visit to the doc, we'll go of course, but for now I'm treating it with good old fashioned home remedies.

Since he was sick on Easter, our plans had to change pretty quickly, and instead of going out for Easter, Easter came to us. I was grateful for everyone coming out here to see him because I really didn't want to get him out for the long car ride all over creation to see family.

I had a dream last night that I was in the backseat with Josiah giving him a bottle because he was fussy, and we were driving very late at night. Next thing I knew, Travis was back there with us, cooing over the baby. No one was driving. We started veering off into certain death and I woke up to Tiny knocking over a collection of baby bottle lids in the kitchen. Weird.

With him being sick lately, I've done a craptastic job at keeping up with the little things that gradually creep up on you... such as his sticky under-the-neck milk beard. I've only bathed him once this week, and I fear my kid will eventually become the stinky kid at school. Either that or CPS will come knocking on my door because of my ragamuffin. It's hard remembering things like baths when your baby catches his first cold! Anyway, when I finally did give him a bath (poor neglected little duck), he LOVED it. He absolutely lives for bath time. This summer when we go to San Antonio for Travis's Texas Bandmasters Association convention, I'm introducing Josiah to the pool. I know he'll love it, and we'll love splashing around with him. It'll be so much fun.


Anyway, that's about all I know. Have a great week! Say a prayer that out little bug starts feeling better.

God bless,
Kathleen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

His bunny is as big as he is. lol

I hope he feels better soon.

Grandma Sherri is worried about him.