Tuesday, January 20, 2009

33 Weeks, 3 Days

LET THERE BE INTERNET!!!

We finally got the net and cable set up at our new apartment, and I am once again in touch with the world. This past week has been HORRIBLE! If it wasn't for the newspaper, I would have no clue what was going on, and even that has been sketchy as the Lubbock paper has been cutting down their issues starting just this past month. Of course.

I'm so so so ready to have this stinkin' baby! Should pregnancy be this miserable??? Really?? Now that I'm into the 33rd week, I can almost TASTE 37. I'm starting to notice some psycho nesting tendencies in myself, which only makes me more anxious to finally see Josiah's face. I read somewhere that nesting sets in a few weeks before baby is born (not always), but it got me excitedly thinking, "So if it's setting in NOW, maybe he'll be here super soon!!!"

Yesterday, for example, I got it in my head that he absolutely HAD to have bibs and a toy. I have stuffed animals for him, but I didn't have a rattle or anything for him to chew on or hold. So my mom and I went to Target and we picked out some bibs and a rattle for him. It was ridiculous, I know, but I felt better after picking those up.

Travis and I went to Walmart the other day to buy practical items for him like diapers, powder, baby wash rags, bottles, etc. I haven't been able to do any mommy things, so it felt really good to get out and make some purchases for him. Tonight we're going back to Walmart to get some fabric so I can make sheets for his cradle.

I really really hope they don't have me hoping for and counting down to 37 weeks and then decide he could go another week or two in there!!! I won't even think about that right now. Nope.

I wish there was more to update everyone on. At least you'll hear from me much more regularly now. Thank you all for your continued prayer and support. We're almost there!
God Bless,

Kathleen and Travis

1 comment:

Brandy said...

Welcome back to the world!!

It must be so nice to go out and buy those little goodies for your new baby. That seems like it should be one of the best parts of being pregnant.

Now that you have your internet, I know there are tons and tons of fun baby things you can find on the internet to either order or make yourself. Blankets, bibs, etc. if you ever get some time to sew. Searching for them should at least eat some time in your day. :)

Glad to hear you are doing well. Hope to hear from you again soon.