Thursday, January 1, 2009

30 Weeks, 5 Days

Today I was sick to the max! So much nausea. So much Zofran. My nurse tonight asked me if there was a particular reason I was so sick, and I told her I was just very very constipated. When you're laying on your side all the time, things in the pipes move incredibly slowly. What's so sad is that I'd just gotten regular. Such is life.

She said she was concerned all day that it was fear of leaving and dealing with kick counts, timing contractions, thrice-weekly NSTs, etc. all by myself. I guess she saw that I wasn't like myself and today was a really bad day, and worried that I was reacting to going home on Monday. I told her that honestly wasn't the case, that I just hurt to the point of nausea. But I am nervous I guess. I'm just scared of the responsibility that I'll have when I leave. But not THAT scared. Not to the point of making myself sick. Yuck.

My birthday's tomorrow. I was just thinking the other day, I was in the hospital during the presidential election, the day after thanksgiving, our first wedding anniversary, Travis's birthday, Christmas, new year's, and now my birthday. Sheesh. Travis was saying last night as the ball dropped, "Let's just forget about 2008, ok?" Sounds like a deal to me!

I'm just so relieved that Josiah is going to be a 2009 baby, as he was always supposed to be. A nurse today told me, "I looked back on all of your NSTs from when you first got here, and he was really looking scary that first week. They were just a day more of that nonsense from delivering, and if you'd been 30 weeks, they would have delivered immediately." I just nervously laughed, because I honestly don't think I knew how close they were to delivering him two weeks ago! Sometimes being naiive is best. I knew it was serious, but not THAT serious. I guess because I didn't exactly know what they were watching for. I know now, so I stare at that monitor when he's on and watch it like a hawk. Again, ignorance is bliss!

I hope everybody had a great New Years last night! I'm so close to 32 weeks, I can taste it!
God bless,
Kathleen and Travis

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad he broke the December-tradition too. I'd much rather he choose your brother's birthday, or your Aunt Valinda's, or Valentine's day to make his appearance.

I'm also glad that you didn't know how close they came to taking him that day you went in. You had far too much to worry about already.

I love you, and I hope that the nausea is gone so that you can have a wonderful, happy birthday.

Mom

Anonymous said...

I just caught up on everything since before Christmas. I really can't think of anything better to say than...I'm thinking about you and Josiah (love the name by the way, very strong!) and just hang in there! Anytime you don't feel comfortable with anything a doctor or nurse tells you, go with your gut. It seems like you can pretty much fend for yourself though.

-Elizabeth Galey

Laurie said...

Does Josiah have a middle name yet? I was just watching the Tech game and wondering how you were doing.

Laurie

Anonymous said...

Hey Kat! I wanted to let you know that Dr. Atkinson was my doctor 7 years ago when I was in the hospital with Reed. He was my ROCK!

Give him our love.

We love you guys and are prying for you all. Let us know if there is anything you need.

Jennifer Riley