Wednesday, January 21, 2009

33 Weeks, 4 Days

Hi everyone!

Last night we went to Babys R Us (we first went to Walmart, but weren't pleased with their selection), and found the most adorable coming home outfit for Josiah. It's SO cute. We tried looking for an Easter outfit, but everything they had for dressy church type stuff was size 3-6 months, and he'll be too tiny for that. I'm going to keep looking though to see if we can come up with anything that would be cute enough to wear to church. If not, he'll just wear his coming home outfit. We also got a big diaper bag. It's green and really pretty. I loved it because it comes with a changing pad, a bottle warmer, and a baby wipe container. Not to mention dozens of zippers and pockets to fit extra stuff inside. It's a big one, so it'll be perfect for longer outings. We were both so excited to go shopping for him. They have TONS of cute baby clothes!

We also had to quickly run by Home Depot to pick up a dryer hose for the dryer we got from my grandfather the other day. While we were there, I ran into my old boss from Bealls in Plainview, and we stopped and talked for a little while. She said that my friend Denise who worked at the Customer Service desk with me is also expecting a baby. I was so happy for her, because she and her husband were really trying for a while, and I know she was getting discouraged. During her lunch breaks, she'd wander around in our baby department for a full hour looking through diaper bags and tiny baby clothes. What's really ironic is that she's having a boy, and she's due on Valentine's Day! While my due date is officially the 7th of March, Valentine's Day is officially week 37. I know they aren't going to necessarily deliver ON that day, but that's been my finish line for so long, I view it as my Independence Day. And while she's due on V-day as well, who knows, we may end up delivering on the same day as each other. I cleared out my phone directory just the other night, and deleted her number thinking I hadn't talked to her in several months, and now I wish I hadn't.

I need to get Travis to show me how to get photos from our new camera onto here. I'm so inept when it comes to things like that. Lol. I keep promising pictures of Josiah things and baby bumps, but I'm too blond to figure out how to make that happen. I promise I haven't forgotten, and as soon as my husband shows me how to do it with this new camera, there'll be more pictures posted than you have time to view!

Thank you as always for your prayer and support!
God bless,
Kathleen and Travis

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honey,

I am so happy that you have made it to the 30s. Shopping for baby is always fun and exciting cause it means there is actually a light at the end of the tunnel. I really became a nesting mom 2 weeks before I gave birth. I had to make sure everything was perfect for him, and couldn't have enough of anything. I know you and Travis are very anxious to meet this little guy and I can't wait to see pics.

Love to both you, Travis, and Josiah,

Kaley

Jessica Crawford said...

Very fun! Did you register anywhere? I did a search on a couple of sites and didn't find anything. Do you have a certain theme that you plan to use for his room? Sorry for the twenty questions, lol. I'm glad to here everything is going well and that you are quickly approaching the 37th week!